Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer painting class

I taught a mini-term painting class at William Carey University this summer. I assigned the students a still life and portrait painting, then gave them the opportunity to choose their own subject matter for the final project.
We had an amazing experience and I was overwhelmed by the energy and creativity of my class. 
The last day of class, we made our classroom into a studio and held an open house. My students passed out beautiful hand-painted invitations to other students and faculty, who were amazed by their works.
See for yourself...

Flora Debevec's "New Orleans Flora," a mixed media on canvas.
Anne Besse's "Anne Rice Still Life."
Portrait by Iris Watson.
Portrait by Danna Bickford.

Students tell visitors about their work.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment